(NaNo Near You form)
Written on November 5th
Happy Guy Fawkes Day! On this day in 1605, Guy Fawkes and the Gunpowder Plot tried to blow up Parliament (as one does). We can celebrate this in several ways!
1. If you hate your novel, DO NOT SET IT ON FIRE. Fire doesn't solve problems. Just keep writing!
2. If you love your novel, give yourself a treat for having a novel that is not trying to set itself on fire at the moment! Hooray! Then keep writing!
3. If you just have a lot of feelings because NaNoWriMo, make a little man out of straw or grass and set it on fire. It's totally fun.
4. I dare you to set something on fire or blow something up in your story. It can be a building or a person or a tiny, tiny toy. Make it fabulous. Make it fiery.
5. Back up your novel so bad people like literary Guy Fawkeses can't come along and destroy your burgeoning work of art.
PS: NO EDITING FOR YOU. EDITING IS THE LITERARY EQUIVALENT OF SETTING YOUR NOVEL ON FIRE, AND AS WE MENTIONED IN #1, THAT IS NOT OKAY.